NEDWORC Association is an organisation for experts working in the International Development Cooperation, Relief & Rehabilitation. The Association offers its members a forum for exchange of information and practical experiences to raise their level of expertise and keep abreast of the latest developments in the field. The Association also offers job mediation services and information for consultants on various contract issues.
Membership of the NEDWORC Association implies endorsement of the CODE OF CONDUCT, meaning members are committed to be both professional and impartial when carrying out assignments, with respect to:
- the contracting party of the associate (referred to as ‘client’);
- the client’s partners & stakeholders;
- the ultimate target group / beneficiaries (referred to as the ‘client’s customers’).
CODE OF CONDUCT
In carrying out any assignment, the associates shall:
- Act professionally
- aspire to the utmost professionalism;
- aim for objectivity, completeness and openness in reporting on the successes and failures of a project’s activities;
- cooperate with other professionals when the implementation of an assignment so requires;
- acknowledge all contributions of other organizations and persons to the success of the activities reported and/or undertaken;
- inform the client promptly and correctly as to any barriers, inconsistencies or limitations to successfully completing an assignment;
- be frank and open regarding their own qualities and limitations;
- take their personal, their client’s and their client’s customers safety into careful consideration.
- Act with integrity
- implement their work with utmost integrity, transparency, respect and care;
- ensure that all confidential information obtained within the scope of an assignment is handled correctly, with confidentiality and in line with contractual agreements;
- refrain from behaviour that might harm the prestige of association members and other associated professionals;
- be accountable to the client as well as the client’s customers;
- actively avoid any conflict of interest, related to simultaneous assignments/clients or to their own interest;
- report evidence or allegations of corruption or fraud in current procedures within a client’s organisation.
- Respect the client’s customers
- be aware of the associates’ role as an intermediary in a developmental process;
- aspire to promote/benefit the interests of the assignment client’s customers while paying due attention to gender equality;
- respect local culture and customs; support the dignity of all; refrain from any discrimination in terms of age, sex, HIV-status, ethnicity and other diversity, and from misuse of power; and at all times respect all fundamental human rights.
- Stimulate sustainability
- promote social, financial and environmental sustainability;
- contribute to (local) capacity development of both client’s partners, stakeholders and customers within the scope of the assignment to guarantee the sustainability of the intervention.