DCDD 20 years celebration:
A journey through disability and development
25 November 2020 | 3-5 PM | online via Zoom | info
DCDD is celebrating its 20th anniversary. Twenty years ago, a group of passionate Dutch disability inclusion professionals came together and founded the Dutch Coalition for Disability and Development. To learn and share about the practices of inclusion and to jointly advocate for a more inclusive development sector, and a lot has been achieved so far!
In this webinar with inspiring guest speakers, we will take stock regarding disability inclusion in development cooperation: where do we come from and where do we stand? Important milestones will be highlighted and the brand-new video will be revealed. And of course, we will take a peek into the future: which opportunities do we see for bringing disability inclusion to the next level by 2030?"
- Sigrid Kaag, Dutch Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation | opening
- Charlotte McClain-Nhlapo, Global Disability Advisor for the World Bank Group | keynote speech
- Huib Cornielje, founder of DCDD and director of Enablement | panel
- Johan Wesemann, former DCDD chair, global advisor on disability & deaf inclusion | panel
- Paul van Trigt, historian and postdoc researcher at Leiden University | panel
- Yetnebersh Nigussie, Ethiopian human rights lawyer and Senior Manager of the Global Action on Disability Network | speech
- Nidhi Goyal, director of Rising Flame India, gender & disability activist | interactive session
DCDD, Dutch Coalition on Disability and Development