A dynamic event, designed to bring clarity regarding the world we live in from an economic perspective, with a search for the ideal world in 2050, and how to get there.
SUMMERSCHOOL: Towards a Post-Pandemic Caring Economic System
20-24 sept 2021 | World House Wetten, Germany
This 5-day Summerschool takes place in World House, a sustainable conference guest house in the region Nord-Rhine Westphalia (Germany), close to the border of the Netherlands, and is organized by Thera van Osch (NEDWORC-member).
It will spark discussion and creative thinking about the changes that need to be made in our thinking, working, living, consumption habits, use of resources - almost every aspect of human life. By the end of the Summerschool, participants will have created an online newspaper of the ideal world by 2050.
The Award-Winning film "Normal is Over" will be presented, followed by a discussion with producer Renée Scheltema.
Master classes - 9 speakers will share their ideas with ground-breaking topics on how to create the ideal world. The methodology will be participative, and participants and speakers will work together to gather building blocks for the road to the ideal world in 2050.
The main topics covered by the speakers are the following (following the sequence of the programme):
- Thera van Osch: Paradigm shift in economics; Caring Economics; Crypto-currency to end poverty.
- Leida Rijnhout: Post-pandemic society; Pillars of Power; Food systems.
- Claudia Blauert: Wild Bees project in the garden of the venue World House.
- Jeroen van Beele: Weconomy.
- Jan Atze Nicolai: The right to provide and receive care; the value of care.
- Brigitta Scheepsma: Participation diagram; migration; basic income.
- Henry Mentink: Landownership and doing business with love and trust.
- Jan van de Venis: Human and Environmental Rights.
- Herman Vollebergh: Financing Environmental Justice.
During the Summerschool there is an exhibition of the Art of Pieter Kooistra (1922-1998), writer of “The ideal Self-Interest” that shows the feasibility of an economic model based on universal basic income.
Program, film and exhibition
See Summerschool 2021: Towards a post-pandemic caring economic system for details and registration.
World House Wetten