Meeting cancelled / postponed - door de Russische inval is de situatie in Oekraïne verder geëscaleerd, met grote gevolgen voor velen. De geplande discussie is ingehaald door de realiteit, en (voorlopig) geannulleerd.
Online meeting on the situation in the Ukraine
Wednesday 2nd March 2022 | 15:00-16:30 (NL-time, CET)
How to understand the situation in and around the Ukraine? The armed conflict in the eastern-Ukraine started in 2014, and is now escalating into an broader (international) armed conflict. In this online meeting we will hear local Russian and Ukrainian perspectives, facts and proposals. And what can be the role of international humanitarian experts in this complex political situation?
- Dmitry Babich, International political commentator in Moskou and frequent guest on Al Jaziraa: How Russia views the situation in the Ukraine and the international comments on the Russian role in the armed conflict
- a refugee from Ukraine, now living Russia (tbc): How communities are coping with this conflict
- Joost van der Meer, Public health and humanitarian aid specialist, often working in Russia and the Ukraine: The longstanding conflict in the Donbass region and how it affects communities
- an Ukrainian colleague of Joost (tbc): Local Ukrainian perspective, historic context and how communities are coping with the armed conflict.
- short introduction
- presentations on the Russian perspective and the Ukrainian perspective
- discussion in small groups
- plenary closing
Teresa Weersma, Joost van der Meer and facilitator Simon Koolwijk
Registration - closed, meeting cancelled